Pages

Review: Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation



This foundation was gifted to me after I had mentioned I had wanted it for awhile. I was excited yet hesitant to try it. I had heard a lot of people either loving it or hating it and I wanted to love it so much. But me, being a huge makeup junkie, decided I was happy to have it as a part of my collection either way.








When I first received it and glanced at the color I noticed it looked a tiny bit dark for my skin tone, which made me kind of sad because I was SO excited to try it out. So one night when I didn't have any plans or anywhere to go I put on a full face of this foundation (as I do with all new foundations) and to my surprise, it matched my skin fairly well! I probably could have went one shade lighter, but it's not a deal breaker. 

I also noticed that the coverage was very full, as I expected. I don't have bad skin to begin with but when I applied this foundation my skin looked flawless. It can be a bit thick, which I have heard many people complain about, but I prefer my foundation to be full coverage so it doesn't feel like any added weight onto my skin. 

The only downside I've noticed is that it tends to turn a bit orange after awhile of wear. But you can easily avoid that by mixing a paler, thin foundation/bb cream into the foundation. I don't think I would have that problem at all if I would have gotten a lighter shade, but it's no big deal! It's not an everyday foundation for me but if I'm going somewhere and want a full face of makeup this is what I always reach for!

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a new, full coverage foundation. Just make sure you get color matched in-store! I will be repurchasing this product once I finish my current one.


You can find Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation at Sephora.com for $34.



1 comment :

  1. Unfortunately they stopped carrying the one I need #42. I haven't tried it yet, but all the Pale Princesses, lol say it is the right one for those of us who are lighter than the MAC NW15 or W10.

    No Fair, Carole

    ReplyDelete