Pages

Review: Beauty Blender

If you're interested in makeup then I'm sure you're familiar with The Beauty Blender. It's a sponge that you use to apply your foundation, concealer or other face products that are in a cream form. It is said to blend foundation flawlessly and will make you leave your stippling brushes behind! 
However, I was hesitant to actually purchase it, as I think some people are. I mean, it's a sponge that costs $20, that can be a bit scary! But my curiosity got the best of me and I finally purchased it. I've been using it for a few months now so I decided it was a good time to finally give my full review!

It comes in two different packages, you can either get the single BeautyBlender or the package that contains two. I only got the single one because I wasn't sure how I'd like it.



Single BeautyBlender - $19.95

Two BeautyBlenders - $28.95


I read plenty of reviews and watched videos before buying it and honestly I was surprised with what I heard. Most of the reviews were extremely positive! Of course I ran into the occasional review saying it was pointless but I still decided I'd never know until I tried it myself. So I finally caved in a spent the money on the single beauty blender.

I was very excited to try it out for the first time! To use the beauty blender you need to run it under lukewarm water and squeeze it until it absorbs the water. It was gradually become bigger the more it absorbs. Then what I did was completely squeeze all the water out of it, then I would take a towel and wrap it around the sponge and squeeze it some more so it would just be slightly damp. I then took whatever foundation I was using and dotted it all over my face, like usual. Then I took the beauty blender and started blending in my foundation with it. 
To my pleasant surprise, my skin looked wonderful! It really made the foundation go on smoothly and flawlessly. The damp beauty blender made my foundation look natural but with also keeping full coverage. I also tried it with one of my thickest foundations my Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation, and it blended it out perfectly! The application was a lot nicer than using my stippling or foundation brushes because I felt it was really getting into my skin instead of just smearing it around. 

Pros
Great Application       
Easy to clean         
Different          


Cons
Expensive        


I was extremely pleased with the Beauty Blender, I know there are tons of reviews out there about this but I thought I'd just add to the positive ones! This is a truly great product and I will definitely be purchasing the Two BeautyBlender set next time. I never use my foundation brushes anymore! So I would definitely recommend for you to try it out! 

You can purchase the Beauty Blender at Sephora.com!



9 comments :

  1. This was a good, thorough review! I'm slowly being won over to try the beauty blender. :D

    -Emily from It's Really Rosie
    http://itsreallyrosie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! It's definitely a purchase that takes some thought and research!

      Delete
  2. I don't have a Beauty Blender but I did get the Real Techniques sponge and I'll never go back to a foundation brush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize Real Techniques had a sponge! I'm going to have to try that!

      Delete
  3. Great review! ♥ The real techniques sponge is a fabulous dupe in my opinion! Can't beat the price either :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I'm definitely going to have to check it out!

      Delete
  4. Great post :) i think i'll try the real technique one too!

    bonitarochelle.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love your blog! Wondering if you would like to do a guest post on ours? IT will help promote you and your blog! www.lvbhstyle.com email me at victoria@lvbhstyle.com if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been eyeing the beauty blender up for a while now and I think I've finally decided to purchase it! :-)

    heidis1haven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete