Pages

A day at the Columbus Zoo!

I haven't been to a zoo in a very long time. But this past Saturday, I received a free ticket with my mother and a few friends so I decided to go! 



Cheetah's have been one of my favorite animals since I was a little girl, so seeing them up close was really neat, I felt really bad that they didn't have a lot of room to run though. 



They have a new part of the Columbus Zoo that opened in May called The Heart of Africa. The giraffes can come right up to you and you can pet them and feed them. We didn't get to because it was Saturday and the zoo was packed with people! But it would be an awesome thing to do!


I always feel bad for the polar bears because they're used to such cold temperatures. This one was trying to cool off in the water. Whenever I see them swimming around I always want to join, although that probably wouldn't be too smart. (They look really cute and harmless though)


We stopped at this little food stand and got some snacks and sat for about a half an hour to get out the heat!


Unfortunately, this one the only clear picture I got at the Aquarium part. the aquarium was filled with people so it was hard to get up close, but the stingrays were really cool. This guy was eating some lettuce right before I snapped the picture!


The kangaroo enclosure was pretty open. There was just a short fence separating your walkway from the animals, so they could come right up to you if they wanted. 


We watched this guy play for awhile. He was swinging across the branches and hanging all over the place. I guess he decided it was break time though, and I thought it was the perfect picture opportunity.


I absolutely love otters! There were two in the enclosure and they were a "married couple" They were so playful and so cute. I wanted to take them home with me!


Lastly, I got to see this beautiful leopard. My favorite animals are the large cats (because I'm such a cat lady!) I wish I could have gotten a better picture but she was so pretty.


Overall, I had a very nice day. We spent all day walking around and were exhausted when we got home! Going to the zoo is fun but when you think about it, it's actually quite depressing how all the animals are just being stared at all day by strangers when they should be roaming free in the wild. However, you have to admit it always is a cool expierence to see all these wonderful animals up close. 

I hope you all are having a wonderful day! I plan on doing more of these "follow me around" Type of posts in the future, so I hope you all would be interested in that!




15 comments :

  1. I love this post! I feel like I have just been to the zoo myself! You got some great photos. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

      Delete
  2. Inspiring post! Your pictures are incredible x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love going to zoo's! That monkey looked like he was posing for you haha :P

    Ellabellablog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures - esp. that monkey lounging in the tree and the sting ray peeping out of the water. I would love to see a polar bear - I have never actually seen one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time seeing a polar bear. They are beautiful in person!

      Delete
  5. Such lovely photos, I want to go to the zoo so badly x

    www.esttrill.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love spending the day at the zoo! These are great pics!

    Love&Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love going to the zoo. My favourite animals to see are penguins and sting rays. Stingrays are pretty cute underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha... I love the pictures of the ray and the monkey just chilling out in the tree! Lovely post xx

    Effortlessly Excessive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh!!! I've been there! I stopped by the Columbus Zoo in the middle of a road trip and it was wonderful. It is massive! I distinctly remember a tortoise who was trying to munch on some plant or other and it was right on the other side of his fence, but he was so dedicated that I thought he was in danger of taking the fence down with him.

    Sounds like you had fun! Cute all around!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pictures :)

    http://cocodrizzle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to change place with the ice bear in the water - it's currently so hot in Vienna, I cannot live without my ventilator! Sounds like you had a lot of fun, can't wait for your next adventures :)

    ReplyDelete