Pages

L'oreal Anti-Redness Correcting Primer Review & Comparison





I picked up this primer while I was looking at the makeup section at my local Walmart. It really caught my eye because it really looked similar to a high end primer I have been currently using. It was about $12, but I thought if this could possibly be a dupe for my high end primer it would be a great alternative and definitely cheaper. I tried a bit of it on my hand in the store and it really did make my skin a lot paler and diffused the color and made it nice and even. I felt that was enough to justify purchasing it, because I was really curious as to how it would look applied under foundation!


 
I noticed that the formula of this primer is quite nice! It's very creamy and doesn't feel like a silicone based primer. When blended into my skin it really does even my skintone and diffuses all the redness. However, it did leave a bit of a green tint to my skin, but it's not a big deal since I'm just covering it up with foundation anyway!

My foundation applied perfectly fine and I was excited to see how long it lasted. I had no problem with redness and my foundation was a completely even color. I had this on for about 6 hours, at least. When I decided it was time to remove my makeup for the night I noticed that my foundation was pretty patchy. A lot of it had come off and I noticed my skin was a LOT oilier than usual. Overall I just felt gross, which is not how I usually feel, especially after only 6-7 hours of wear.

I decided I would try it again, but with a different foundation and powder. Because maybe the combination I used just didn't work for the primer. However, I got the same results. To be fair, the primer doesn't state anywhere on the bottle that it prolongs foundation, it just claims to correct redness, which it DOES indeed do. So I don't think it's a bad product, it's just not for me. If your skin is more on the dry side and maybe you mix this primer with another it could work really well! However by itself, I don't feel it's worth it.

Pros
 Reduces Redness     
Drugstore Price      

Cons
Doesn't Prolong Foundation    



 As you can see the products packaging are very similar. I've noticed that a lot of drugstore brands are really imitating the packaging of a lot of high end products and it really catches your eye when you're walking through the aisles. That's why I was so interested in the L'oreal primer! It looks so similar to my favorite face primer, other than the size.

Both of these primers do a wonderful job at diffusing redness in your skin, but the MUFE primer really prolongs the life of your foundation while the L'oreal did nothing to make my face makeup stay on longer. When it comes down to it, I won't be repurchasing the L'oreal primer. I was hoping I'd found a good alternative to my MUFE primer, however in my opinion I'd much rather spend the $34 for my high end one that works wonderfully and will last longer then spend $12 on a product that makes my foundation slide off by the end of the day.

I did a full in-depth review on the MUFE HD Primer here!



Purchase the L'oreal Correcting Primer and try it for yourself here!


5 comments :

  1. That's a shame it's not quite as good as the MUFE primer. I haven't tried either of these, but I'm not really a primer person. I do like the Benefit porefessional every now and then.
    xoxo Lauren | Will Sing For Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I've been looking for a good primer but its so hard to know which ones will work! xx

    Danielle from Cup of Loveliness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool post, too bad it didn't work.
    lets follow each other? :) http://lookbeyondbeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually use ELF reddness reducing primer and It works great and is not expensive at all! It's disappointing about this one.

    http://sociallyawkwardfashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review and good to know before I tried it also. Thanks take care! Check out my new blog spellbev.com

    ReplyDelete