Pages

The Walking Dead Season 5 | No Sanctuary


I'm sure a lot of you have heard that The Walking Dead has started it's fifth season on Sunday, and since I am such a huge fan of the show, graphic novel and just everything "Walking Dead" related I thought I'd do a little post about my thoughts on the new episode.

I'm going to be putting this underneath a "read more" because this will most likely contain spoilers so sorry!

If you aren't caught up or you just don't want to read TV show spoilers stop reading here!!



The fourth season left off with most of the group, with the exception of Carol, Tyreese, Judith, and Beth, trapped in a box car after they arrived at Terminus. After waiting 7 whole months, which seemed like forever, we finally got to see what happens.


I was so excited for this season to start. The Walking Dead is definitely my favorite TV show so I'm always eager for it to return. This episode started off pretty quick and you were at the edge of your seat within 5 minutes into the episode. You see that Rick, Glenn, Daryl, and Bob are dragged off to where Terminus seems to be killing all of their hostages but luckily escape thanks to Carol firing an explosive into the side of the building (good timing Carol!) This leads to them being able to escape and rescue the rest of their group.

The episode jumps back and fourth between flashbacks and the group at Terminus and Tyreese, Carol, and Judith. I really really like the incorporation of flashbacks they used in the premiere with the people that run Terminus. It showed us that they were once good people too and how easily good people can turn evil in an apocalypse setting. I think we all know by now that our beloved group of characters aren't exactly saints themselves! However, I'm positive they would never turn to cannibalism like the Terminus folks did.

After the group escapes Terminus they meet up with Carol! (When Daryl and Carol got reunited....can we talk about tears of happiness?!) Carol leads them into the woods back to the cabin where she left Tyreese and Judith. So now Rick and Carl are reunited with Judith and Sasha is reunited with Tyreese. This was such a needed satisfaction in the episode. It's not very often that happy things occur in this show, so it was sure nice, and a great welcome back to see the group together again. However, we still have no idea what has happened to Beth!

At the very end of the episode we see a hooded, masked man walking on the very tracks towards Terminus, right where Rick and his group were standing not long before. He sees the sign Rick edited to "No Sanctuary" and removes his mask and we get to see that it's Morgan from season 1! I was so excited to see him still alive and hopefully he will become a more active part in this season and meet up with Rick and the group. I would love to see how that turned out.

Overall, I was SO impressed with this episode and I was definitely not expecting it to be this good or exciting. it was so satisfying and great to see everyone reunited. I was really surprised that they knocked out Terminus so quickly but I really think it was for the best. I definitely think that this is by far the best season premiere they have ever put out. I am looking forward to seeing what this season holds and where the group is headed to next.


If you watch The Walking Dead, what did you think of the new episode?




14 comments :

  1. I wet myself watching this episode (figuratively speaking) because it was beyond awesome! Holy shit, I thought I was having a heart attack at the very beginning but then, everything went right. Jesus, Carol has to be one of the most badass female characters in the history of TV... She was outstanding! And her reunion with Daryl?? Oh my feels hahahaha I can't wait to see what this season has to offer but it look good, very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol is an absolutely amazing character and I love to see how much she has grown. It was a very wonderful premiere!

      Delete
  2. I completely agree, If I'm honest season1 & 2 I absolutely loved, but when it came to season 3 & 4 It was hard to keep myself interested and I felt like it never led or got anywhere at all. Last nights episode (Monday for UK) was bloody amazing! A lot more gorey and action packed and was very excited to see the return of Morgan, although I still don't trust how mentally stable he is 100% yet & The reunion of Darryl & Carol was lovely! So excited for next weeks ep.

    Great post!! I hope you continue these through out the season. What else do you watch?

    www.simplysara.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you. I love all of the seasons but seasons 3 & 4 definitely lost me for a bit. I'm hoping this season is amazing though. I have high hopes! I will most definitely try to keep these up throughout the new episodes!

      I watch wide variety of shows but TWD, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and Grey's Anatomy are probably my favorite dramas.

      Delete
  3. It was AMAZING! I want to seem more now!!
    I screamed at the tv so much and cried when Carol and Darryl were reunited.....Aww!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesssss! The episode aired yesterday here in the Netherlands and I was on the edge of my seat. Carol is my new hero! She transformed from a helpless victim into the leader in total control. And who expected Tyreese to be such a killer machine? I really hope you keep this kind of posts up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I wasn't really a fan of Carol for a long time. But this episode made me LOVE her! I definitely will try to!

      Delete
  5. I don't know anything about The Walking Dead but my friend swears it's amazing so I might start it! :)

    Opaque Moonlight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's honestly my all time favorite television series.

      Delete
  6. I was pleased that it ended happily too after so much stress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has felt like eternity for this to come back on TV! I was screaming in delight when Carol went all bad ass and practically saved the day single handedly! I'm kind of coming round to Carol now. I used to hate her character
    Reinventing Neesha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. you found my design blog! i'm pretty certain my 15 yo daughter would get along just fine with you based on your movie choices and this post. now, she has me smitten and watching the zombies right along side her. dana of danacaseydesign

    ReplyDelete